Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Guitars and Pedals

Hey guys, this is Kirk. So, this last weekend I finally got to catch up on a few things that I have been meaning to do.  First off, I cleaned up and reorganized my pedal board.
It was a mess before, I didn't think to take a before picture.  Now it is all nice and organized.  It makes me happy lol.  And it should make shows go a little smoother since I was able to condense some of my setup.

So after I finished my pedal board, I worked on my Fender Jaguar.  I have been having problems with it causing major feedback and sounding very weak.  So, I figured out that raising the pickups might help.  When I finished that, I plugged it in, turned up the volume and rocked out.  It sounded much better. Hopefully you'll be able to see it a show pretty soon.

My last task was to set the intonation on my Gibson SG (Scott isn't the only one that has an SG).  I had already started messing with it a few months ago, so I knew I couldn't make it any worse, and I wanted to continue learning how to do it by actually doing it.  I know it's not perfect and a professionally could do a much better job, but I'd like to think it's pretty close.  So now that it is all set up, I may put it in my rotation of guitars I play at shows.  We'll see how it sounds at practice.

So that was some of what I did with my weekend.  Also, I should mention that all this was inspired by a website I recently found -  www.tonereport.com.  There is a "Do It Yourself" section that tells you how to improve and do almost anything to a guitar that you could want. Anyway, that's all for now.  Later y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment